Tuesday 31 January 2012



This project was titled ‘Multiples’; I began research into this project by looking into multiples within an urban and a natural environment.
Here I have developed some samples boards to highlight some of the techniques that I learnt throughout this construction based project.


This image has been taken from the sketchbook used to develop my Multiples project. I have used paper to show my ideas and then developed this into fabric.
Here is my final piece from the 'Multiples' project. I created a sheer vest with layered leather detailing in the straps and in a racer back.

These are a few pages from my sketchbook for 'The Garden of Earthly Delights' project which was based mainly on drawing and surface design.


This is another page from this sketchbook showing some scraps of paper that I used to get my ideas down.

One of five of my final pieces for this surface design project; which I thoroughly enjoyed. I feel that this particular design could lend itself well to a fashion fabric.


Another of my final pieces for 'The Garden of Earthly Delights' project, laying my page with masking tape, dyes, stencil work and acetate.


Although this design is slightly different to the previous two, it still fits into the collection and is one of my favourites from this project.


These are some pages from my Multiples sketchbook, they show my development from research and my experimentation with fabric and colour.


During the rotation period within my college course we were asked to look into Fashion Illustration, researching into the artist Mucha, I developed these designs inspired from his work.

To improve my drawing skills I took part in a Life Drawing class which I feel allowed me to produce some great outcomes.

I have chosen to apply for the textiles in practice course as I feel the programme will allow me to investigate all areas of the subject. On my present course I have been introduced to both print and constructed techniques. I have enjoyed both and look forward to exploring them in detail. Your course would allow me to work in the different areas; interiors and fashion, which I have yet to decide on which one I prefer. Your institution has an international reputation and the course has numerous graduate successes’ this is the reason for my application to your course. Your programme is also renowned for the excellent industry linked tutors.  I look forward to having the opportunity to work with them as I feel that they will act as an everyday inspiration to me. Working within a team is something that I have recently experienced within my present course, a one which I have learnt from and feel that I can take knowledge from with me into higher education. Although working as an individual is something I am currently used to, I am willing to improve upon my strengths and weakness’ individually and collectively in a team. Your course encourages strong work-based learning throughout a number of creative organisations, which I feel that I would benefit from; this is something which I am looking forward to undertaking in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment