Saturday 20 April 2013

Allison Diaz

Today I managed to get to the library and print off a lot of imagery that I have been meaning to get for a while now. Allowing me finally get some work down into my sketch book. I have started by looking into our initial idea about the 175 project, taking photographs of peoples faces. So I found a artist named Allison Diaz. I have been stalking her blog today and found out a lot about the images I found of her work.


The meaning behind what she has done is really intriguing and interesting and really challenges you to think deeper into the photographs. This leads me into our Unit X project, we could ask the person in the image what they think their most recognisable feature is, what they like/ hate about themselves most, or even what is the first thing they see when looking at someone? I tried Allison's technique with just two images that I had collected. I think the outcome works well, however I am interested to see how three images could look like with different races, ages and genders in the mix.





No comments:

Post a Comment