Wednesday 1 May 2013

Andrew Brooks, Photographer

Today we had a lecture with Andrew Brooks, who is a well established photographer who is originally from Manchester. He takes a lot of his photographs in and around Manchester, which immediately related to Unit X. Personally I was hoping for more of a fashion based photographer as that relates more to what my group are doing, however I still took the time to appreciate his work. I particularly enjoyed his 'Hidden Manchester' images in which he had teamed up with producer and curator Andy Brydon. This collaboration works well as Brydon does the research and writing and Brooks does the recording and photography. This is would have been quite similar to our project if our film students had turned up.

What interested me most about his work is that he said it can take him unto a month to create one shot from around 20/30 shots. He puts all of these images together on photoshop, these images can come from anywhere but he always has his final shot in mind. Andrew also adds himself into each one of his shots where possible. Although I feel his work has not related very well to what I am doing I still appreciated his work and learnt a lot about photography.



No comments:

Post a Comment