Wednesday 11 December 2013

First Locating Group Tutorial

This morning was the first day of our new project, Locating. We had our unit brief lecture which made everything a lot clearer for everyone and has actually got me excited to start. After being criticised in the last project for not having much work from the beginning of the project I really want to start as I mean to go on and work flat out.

In the group tutorial we were asked to answer a few questions which would help us when it comes to writing our own brief. Here are a few of my first thoughts on the project.

What are you aiming to create/ make/ design? - A Trend book with a print collection responding to the trend book.

What visual research will be undertaken? - I will source visual imagery through primary research, photography, blogs, magazines and journals.

Explain any themes, ideas or concepts you plan to explore. - I have not yet decided on a solid idea for a trend. However in the group tutorial we discussed looking into upcoming future events such as the next olympics in Rio, so I could look at Brazilian Culture.

What methods, techniques or lines of enquiry do you intend to use? Using WGSN, searching through the library for journals and reading the book 'The Trend Forecaster's Handbook' by Martin Raymond.

How does the intended work/ project relate to previous work? After my feedback we discussed that looking into trends would be great as it relates to the way I present my work. I will also still look into creating a print collection.

What is the market or context for your proposed work? - Highstreet is the market I aim to create my trendbook for. Such as the Arcadia Group, River Island, Zara and H&M.

For next weeks tutorial we have to have a draft for our brief and a lot of visual research. I am glad Alex has set us this target as it is keeping me motivated to constantly think about my work. In future I will set these personal goals for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment