Monday 16 December 2013

The Trend Forecaster's Handbook

After getting to the half way point of the book Alex suggested to me, I feel really inspired to start my work, especially the research stage which I would not usually enjoy. It has given me a lot of insight into the day to day life of a forecaster and how they come to reach their ideas. I did not realise how much work would go into it but here are a few things I have jotted down in my 'to do' list.

- Create an 'evidence wall' - store initial ideas/ colours/ themes/ fabrics.
- create a 'mood' or 'mindset'
- start the investigation
- Put together a panel to ask their opinion on your trend (Artists/ sociologist/ psychologist/ buyer)
- Gather questions to ask
- Create trend cartogram
- The wall must read 'Who/ what/ why/ when/ where/ how)

This is all known collectively as 'Cultural Brailling', which is basically sussing out your market, who you are targeting and why.

However at the moment I do not have a specific idea to go forward with just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment