Tuesday 21 January 2014

Opposites

I have been trying to think of what the opposite of 'industrial' is for a while now. I feel that my Trend Book cannot start to take shape until I am fully decided on these two things and then I can go straight ahead with it. Going around the city and taking photos of things to do with 'Industrial' has been quite fun, I am planning on going to the MOSI tomorrow to source some more inspiration from a source that I did not consider when first writing my brief.

Once I find this second source of inspiration I hope to feel ore involved within my own project and hopefully a lot more motivated than I currently am. However this being said I am determined not to give in and conform to just designing another print collection as I feel that stepping out of my comfort zone is essential to my progress within Textiles.

Industrial/ Domestic

Domestic: 
- relating to the running of a home or to family relations:
of or for use in the home rather than in an industrial or office environment:
-(of an animal) tame and kept by humans
-(of a person) fond of family life and running a home:

After taking inspiration from Karen Nicol I went more into depth with the definitions of the words I was looking at. I then went onto looking at the opposites of these word. I eventually came up with 'Industrial & Domestic'. I have put two minds maps together to show my thoughts so far.



No comments:

Post a Comment