Sunday 9 February 2014

Front Cover


Currently I am unsure as to have it landscape or portrait, however after experimenting on photoshop I feel that landscape will work better for me as this is how I am used to presenting my work and it allows for a better canvas for the information I plan to display.

 Once I had came up with the idea of 'Foil' I started to play around with fonts, texture and layering. I took a photograph of some tin foil, slightly out of focus with my own Nikkor Lens. I then brought it into photoshop playing with the levels and contrast then inverting the colours to get the blue. The blue really stands out however I don't think its sophisticated enough for a trend book cover and would be more suitable as maybe a fashion magazine cover.


Also I looked at using different fonts, I want something that will stand out on the front cover and make an impact as although other trend books that I have looked at are very simple on the front I want mine to have visual impact from the start. I may play around with using tracing paper in the front cover, allowing that hidden texture underneath with a frosted top.


No comments:

Post a Comment