Sunday 16 March 2014

Stack Magazine - Steve Watson

Today was the first time I heard of Stack magazine, after today I am really tempted to subscribe as I love the concept Steve has created. Allowing people to find new interests and discover new artists in a fun and innovative way. Also if my group were to develop a physical outlet for our trend it would be an amazing way to get it distributed to the masses. Steve introduced us to some new magazines that I had never heard of which was quite a big thing that I took away from this lecture, it was interesting to see the different ways these companies used layout to interact with the consumer. Some magazines that caught my eye today were 'Address', 'FAT' & 'Oh Comely', this is mainly due to their content and the aesthetic of the magazines.

Some takeaways from the lecture -
-Focus on simplicity & utilty
-Use of words makes the difference
-Have fun with it




No comments:

Post a Comment