Monday 20 October 2014

Week 3

At the beginning of the week I concentrated a lot on the idea of concrete, I experimented with layered concrete on top of fabrics and also within containers, making mini structures. During these experiments I came to realise that it was the aestethic of the concrete that I was most attracted to, majorly the colour of the concrete once it was dry. I feel that at this stage I do not want to continue with the concrete experimentations as I can't see the idea developing any further, however would like to use the colour of the concrete within my colour palette further in this unit.

I have further been developing my visual research and have been inspired by an upcoming trend from WGSN, the trend is from SS16 'Visceral'. I do not want to reiterate this trend, however I want to use aspects from it and further develop these aspects in my own interpretation. As I have been looking into 3D printing, the idea of using '3D Prints' has inspired me. I have been developing some of my drawings using the 3D tool bar on Photoshop. This is something I have enjoyed and would like to develop further. However when I downloaded this feature it seemed to glitch a lot, this is something I felt added greater qualities to the drawings, giving the designs a 'phosphoric' glow. This could further link to my research into wearable technology and smart textiles. A feature which I feel lends itself well to these ideas is Thermo-Reactive textiles, however in keeping with the sports origins of my ideas, using mesh inspired fabrics to add a heightened sense of dimension to the trend.

No comments:

Post a Comment