Thursday 8 November 2012

Messing with Multiples

Photoshop has became my best friend over these past few days as I received quite a bad tutorial the other day. But it was exactly what I needed to jump start my motivation levels again! I feel like I was stuck in a rut a little, not getting out of my flat to become inspired and just browsing blogs for secondary sources rather than getting out there and creating my own.

However I have began using my drawings and developing them into prints using a range of colour-ways. I think I may have came up with a definite colour scheme but I am still a little unsure. As part of this project is to come up with a Customer Profile, Mood Board and a Colour Board I feel it is important to develop my drawings to have a greater understanding of who would wear them.




Throughout my experimentation with this drawing I felt that the bright colours were not me and did not represent my aesthetic. My tutor suggested adding an accent colour of ed but when I have tried this I really do not feel like it works very well and dates the geometric, modern shape. I also tried having the background in red to make it more vibrant but that did not work either. In the future I plan to experiment with different colour ways to give the pattern a much more modern feel to match the modern shape. Although I do like the grey scale and feel that a accent colour would compliment it really well, its just a matter of experimentation. I also feel that this print works better as a placement print than a repeat pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment