Thursday 8 November 2012

Shop Report

To help us understand how textiles within the fashion industry works and to learn more about trends and what is happening right now within the fashion world, we were sent to different shops to analyse everything from the clothes that were stocked, the price, materials used and what trends were popular in each store. My group were asked to go into Primark, Miss Selfridges, H&M, All Saints and Urban Outfitters. Personally I found this task really interesting as when I usually go shopping I realise that I dont really observe anything or take much of the shop in. Primark was really going for it with the Goth trend, using wet look materials and fake leathers. There was also a lot of studs going on in all stores apart from Urban Outfitters and All Saints. I feel that these two stores don't particularly stocks 'trends' they very much have their own look and tend to use basic silhouettes to portray them. Also Peplum tops are really popular within Primark, Miss Selfridges and H&M. The style is really complimentary to any figure and I imagine is a huge seller. Looking around these stores gave me inspiration towards my own project within TD4F as our end result must be a collection. As I want my prints to speak for themselves basic silhouettes such as a peplum top would work really well with the road that I am following at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment