Tuesday 5 February 2013

Colour Conscious

So this week I have been concentrating on COLOUR! I have to admit, I am petrified of colour, I am usually sticking to very simplistic, minimal colour. I found myself steering back into this comfort zone earlier this week and it has set me behind a little with my development throughout the project which I do regret and it has taught me a lot. I originally wanted to take inspiration from this image -


However once I began to develop a colour palette using Designers Gouache I became really against the idea and realised that the small amount of colours was going to hold me back, and I did not want this to happen. So back to the drawing board I went.. searching through blogs, style websites and my own images, I began to search for images in which I generally was just captured by the colours used. I wanted to step outside my comfort zone.


Here is my final image in which I plan to use the colours as inspiration for my own work. This image in particular stood out to me on a fashion blog, the colours are so prominant and in your face, they actually scare me a little. However I think this will be a really good experiment for me not just in this textile world but as a designer in the future. 

So to start I began using Designers Gouache, creating a hand drawn colour palette but using my eye to really work out the colours in the image. This is to help myself as a designer to understand colour and have a better eye for colour. It is a longer process than simply using an eye dropper tool on Photoshop but it is a great way to learn.






No comments:

Post a Comment