Tuesday 5 February 2013

Digital Designs

After developing my final colour palette I took my colour concept to my next digital session. Using Photoshop I developed a number of swatches, using every single colour that was in my source image. Although the amount of colour swatches I ended up with was scary it is also exciting because I have a lot of room to experiment and just enjoy using the colours. We also had to develop at least 6 more motifs and scan them into the computer. This was to create our own brushes from them, it was quite quick and easy once Sally had talked us through it initially, it is such a quick way to develop an idea I wish I knew about it much sooner!

Sally has asked us to use our colours in the same ratio as our images, so if there is a large amount of purple in our source image there should be a lot of purple in our digital design. It is very hard to find the balance between this and at first I did not get the grasp of this and have developed designs that I am not proud of but glad that I went through with them so that I could learn from my mistake and talk it through with Sally were I was going wrong.



No comments:

Post a Comment