Tuesday 5 February 2013

Screen Printing

In preparation for the print room we have been asked to develop enough motifs to fit onto an A3 section of an A2 screen. The amount of motifs was not a problem, however choosing which motifs to include was. I had that many designs that trying to edit them down was difficult and definitely something that I had trouble with, however I managed in the end. The task then was to decide how thick the lines were going to be, were I wanted to designate the colour and I also wanted to have a variety of digitally produced motifs and hand drawn ones. I much prefer digitally produced motifs as I find them cleaner and more precise, however I am excited to see the outcomes of the hand drawn motifs once developed onto screen.


This image is an example of the different decisions that had to be made during the designing process for the motifs for screen. The black is were the colour will come through on the screen, were as the white will be blocked out. Although it seems a small decision it makes all the difference once the screen is sent to be exposed.

No comments:

Post a Comment