Wednesday 10 April 2013

Nikos Gyftakis

Another artist which I found myself on Pinterest is Nikos Gyftakis. He has created a number of self portraits using a fluid-like technique. It looks to me that he has used oil pastels to create these using a large scale of colour.


His portraits are so life like and fluid. I am going to try and re-create this type of drawing myself to see what outcome I can get, although these will not be self portraits, they will be portraits of other people, and I think that I will try and incorporate some of my textiles style into it by using couching to create the fluid lines that Nikos has used. I will use different threads and thickness' of stitches to create this. I believe that this could look quite interesting as a lot of the work that I have been looking at this past week have been more embroidery based.

No comments:

Post a Comment