Thursday 16 May 2013

PE Task 2


My first year at university has been a whirlwind to say the least. I have completed three projects, Textiles Design for Fashion, Print and Unit X. My favorite project has been Textiles Design for Fashion. I received my highest grade so far in TD4F and I feel that this grade was a true reflection of my enjoyment of the project. I fully indulged myself in this project and spent a lot of hours perfecting my work for this. One of the things that I enjoyed most about the project was learning new skills everyday, such as how to create a technical drawing of a garment and how to use Adobe Illustrator. These new skills are something that I can take with me into my career after university. Something that I would like to develop further are my fashion illustrations, they are something that I struggled with in this project but still thoroughly enjoyed doing. One thing that I would have liked to do in this project is to have made the garments that we had designed, as this is something I have always enjoyed doing seeing a design from beginning to end.

Design Board. TD4F.


However, I did enjoy Print during this first year, I enjoyed being in the print room everyday, creating something myself and seeing the developments first hand. I wish we could have used the digital fabric printer more as I like to use a lot of Photoshop throughout my work, as I am quite an impatient person, the printing process is quite slow. Although this being said I would like to incorporate print within TD4F, both these pathways go hand in hand. Print has definitely taught me a lot of techniques and skills that I can carry through with me next year into a more fashion based textile world. Learning how to create a motif and developing that through composition is something I will not forget. If I was to return to print, my focus would be much more digitally focussed.

Digita Design. Print.


I have not really enjoyed Unit X as much as I would have liked to. It has been quite unorganized and this has set me back a little with time management. However I did enjoy working in a group and learning new things about delegation and compromise. This being said, I loved the final outcome, but I have missed Textiles, as this project has not included much drawing or even design.

Final Exhibition. Unit X.


After completing this year I really have set in stone which career path I would like to take. I see myself in the fashion world, none of my work ever relates to interiors and fashion has always been something I have been interested in. Fashion is something, which I feel I could truly succeed in. Although I know I want to be involved in fashion I am yet to decide what it is exactly that I would like to do. This year has flown over and I am excited to get stuck into second year where I can truly develop myself as a Textile Practitioner.

No comments:

Post a Comment