Sunday 20 October 2013

Secondary Research

To reinforce my primary research that I have collected this week I have began to search through a number of blogs and look into a range of artists that have work relating to my brief. After collecting my primary research I have decided to look into much more industrialised urban surroundings, rather than the architecture within my urban surroundings. My reasons for doing this is to support my research and further my understanding of designs within the industry, as I am in the process of deciding who my target market is.





The reason I have chosen these four images is not solely for the print design. I quite like the idea of having a print on a transparent fabric, whether it be on a mesh based fabric or silk based as seen in the two right hand images. The opposite images are quite that, opposite, the bottom left image is in the same colour tones as I plan to use, and the placement of the print is something I have not thought about before as I tend to stick to an all over print in my own designs. The final design in the top left corner is a more literal design influenced by architecture by Mary Katrantzou. However the image I feel most reflects the type of design and styling I will be going for in this brief is the bottom right hand image due to the contrasting colours, type of fabric and the over all styling of the garment.


No comments:

Post a Comment