Monday 16 December 2013

Tutorial 2 16/12/13

Todays tutorial was slightly stressful as I had not done either of the tasks that Alex had asked us to complete as I had been busy concentrating on my essay. However we did go over quite a few things which have put me in good stead for the holidays. These are some of the points that I noted.

- If I make a collection it needs to be broader
- Take a look at trend books and fashion journals
- Trend does not have to be social issue, could be two things that have never been put together before
- Carry out primary research, make mood boards from them and respond through drawing
- Aimed towards Womenswear
- Try and let the trend just 'happen' don't try to over think it or force it
- Take photographs of everything and anything that interests me
- Highstreet brands take trends from Trend Books more literally as apposed to Highend
- Do not need to design a whole collection, just 'responses' to the Trend Book
- Come up with a name for the trend
- Come up with a name for the Trend Book

These are just a few points that I need to consider over the holidays. I plan to keep up my momentum and not try let the holidays slow my pace of work down too much as I want to come back to the next tutorial with quantity. My aim over the holidays is to have this full list completed and have a trend to start researching into. The key to this is going to be my primary visual research, I just need to keep collecting and refining it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment