Sunday 5 January 2014

Project Brief


Design and produce a Trend book, focusing on trend forecasting, resulting in a print collection responding to the predicted trend. Benefitting from current Trend books, journals, books, blogs and other web resources to gather secondary research into layouts, construction and context. Using my own photography to gather primary research into the chosen concept to create an original trend. In response to these images I will also generate drawings, which will aid me in the design process. I plan to explore our current industrial environment, searching for a contrasting theme to juxtapose this, creating a trend by combining two concepts, which differ from one another. Throughout this project I plan to advance my Adobe Photoshop skills by attending workshops and through self-development and experimentation. Also I would like to expand my digital skills in Adobe Illustrator through set workshop sessions, it is important to me to have advanced knowledge in a wide spectrum of digital programmes.
This intended project relates to my previous projects as my digital strengths were recognised so I believe it is important to play to this. However my design skills will still be tested, as I will be demonstrating how my chosen trend can be translated into a print collection. The finished trend book will be intended for high street sports wear brands such as Nike, Sweaty Betty and web based companies such as Gymluxe.com and Lululemon.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment