Saturday 18 January 2014

Promostyl

Researching into different trend books has been a major help especially when taking into consideration the content and composition of my own trend book. I want it to look different to any of the others that I have looked at, and all of the content is mainly going to my my own primary research so it will be a challenge. I'm very happy that I have taken myself out of my comfort zone and over the next two weeks I would like to get my first 5 pages complete.




The fold out page in Promostyl is quite interesting and adds a different dynamic to the book. I would like to add a little extra something to my own trend book to give it a little edge. This could possibly be a more interactive page with fabric swatches available.





 Including Contents Pages and Information pages had not crossed my mind until I looked through some trend books that are currently on the market. It will allow me to give a brief over view to my customer of what I foresee happening within future trends. However I would like to do this in a more visual way. There will still be explanations but more visuals for the customer to view.




 The real fabric swatches and descriptions is something that has really stood out for me. I will include this within my own trend book as it makes the book more tactile and introduces my love for fabrics. I look forward to going into fabric stores and searching for the right shade and tone materials in the next few weeks.


At the back of Promostyl there is a little pocket with two lots of swatches. The first is colour swatches and the second is fabric swatches. The fabric swatches represent the colours that Promostyl have chosen, but the fabric are a lot cheaper than those that they have chosen to present. The colour swatches are a really good idea, all the names of the colours are on the front label so it is easy for the customer to know what they want after looking through the trend book. This is something I have taken on board and also plan to include within my own trend book.


No comments:

Post a Comment