Friday 7 February 2014

CONCEAL / REVEAL

After also thinking long and hard about the name for my trend and being told by Alex to be more 'pretentious'. I took to the online dictionary (again). I really liked my idea of 'hide and seek' but knew the phrase was too naive and not 'quirky' enough for a trend. I have looked at various websites WGSN and Vogue, to see what they name some of their trends, which are often a play on words, so this is definatley something I tried to and wanted to achieve.

Conceal/vReveal sums up my concept. Its a contradiction, yet compliments itself. I want the customer to know that there must be a juxtaposition within the trend, yet it is two things that are not usually put together. This also plays on my underlying concept around the idea of 'camoflage'. I am really happy with this name. My only regret is that I had come up with this earlier in the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment