Sunday 2 February 2014

Nike / Puma

Firstly Nike is one of my main inspirations throughout my research into Sportwear, they have a diverse range of sportswear that include print. This is important as this will be the main feature when designing in my trend book. All of the products in these following images are ranged between £50 - £100, although Nike are still seen as quite high street, their product however does not lack in quality. They are always ahead of the game when it comes to fabric technology and provide of the moment garments for sportswear. I have chosen the following images as some contain simple placement prints, selective branding and 'all over' prints, showing Nike is not a one trick pony.




Puma do not have as much diversity as Nike or Adidas but there are not afraid to use colour, which is something I plan on using a lot of within this project. Puma's print are also very graphic and eclectic. They also provide sportswear for a wider range of sports and more 'wearable' technical sportswear. The products here range between £15 - £50 putting Puma at the lower end of the marker but maintaing an expensive look. Their use of fabrics are a lot less technical or advanced as those used in Nike products so I would like to bring that into consideration when selecting my fabrics.





No comments:

Post a Comment