Sunday 2 February 2014

Salford Quay

So after discussing looking for more 'futuristic' and 'architectural' influences in my tutorial, I took a trip to Salford Quays and Media City. I have been there a few times but never really took much time to appreciate it. The area has some great pieces of architecture, particularly the Imperial War Museum and The Lowry. My earlier research has been mainly looking at small little things so it was good to get a wider perspective. The shapes and shadows that the buildings create are something I will use to influence my own design.




The time of day that I have taken these images is perfect. I have really been inspired by the colours and think I may have found my colour scheme. I am going to take these images into photoshop and create a more concrete colour theme for the project.








No comments:

Post a Comment