Monday 12 May 2014

InDesign Drama

After a handful of InDesign workshops I felt that I wanted to have a go at putting together our trend book through this resource, especially after Alex showed us this would be the best way to print a booklet. The group and I also felt that viewing our pages over a double spread would be more beneficial to us for consistency throughout the book. However after experimenting with a number of different layouts and trying to get our heads around the 'print booklet' option, I started to become stressed. As I am the most confident in the group when it comes to software, I was putting everything together and became anxious about the final outcome. Nothing was looking how I imagined and everything was going wrong.


We went back to the drawing board and decided to change the way in which we wanted to bind the book, and head for our comfort zone - Photoshop. As soon as we moved the layout process to Photoshop, things started to gather speed. Once we looked back at the work the next day, I expressed my deep concern that the pages were just not inspiring enough and rather boring. I suggested we change the layout orientation to landscape, this way we could include more imagery on the pages and have a more pleasing aesthetic. After this suggestion, the spirits of the group picked up and we all became inspired again which was uplifting and gave us the energy to power through as we were now working to a strict time limit in order to get the pages to reprographics. Something I have learnt from working collaboratively is to speak my mind other wise my opinion will not matter, this is something that has progressed throughout Unit X.





No comments:

Post a Comment