Wednesday 14 May 2014

Post Tutorial Reflection

Showing our layout developments to Alex and Laura was interesting, I felt that they both saw the potential however knew it was lacking something, and I felt the same. Once we left the tutorial I expressed my concerns for the lack of excitement within the pages, we had not paid enough attention to detail, which is unusual for myself, especially when it came to font, and justifying fonts. We had been using the font 'Noteworthy', a type-writeresque style that seems to be a lot of other groups 'go-to' font. I felt it was too predictable, so I sourced two new fonts that I felt matched our theme much better, as a group we agreed on this and moved forward, allowing time for test prints to get our font size correct too. 


Once we had decided on a steady aesthetic, we worked as a team creating a template for our pages; we allocated 15 pages per person to make the workload fair. This was also more beneficial to our time management. I know that as a group we are happy with our final outcome, and personally I am too. I feel that I would not have created this work as an individual but by working in a group it has allowed me to become more creative and experimental, but has also developed my editing skills. From today I now know that layout is not something that comes in at the end, but is something that needs to be a constant throughout the project, in order to evolve with the work.



No comments:

Post a Comment