Wednesday 7 May 2014

Volklore Internship & Evaluation


Today I got told the news that Volklore would like to offer me the Internship after reviewing the work that I had submitted to them. I am really excited to get started with this internship as it is menswear and it will be a challenge for myself. Sam and I had the opportunity to have a meeting over Skype; we discussed the reasons he had chosen me for the internship and what my roles within the company would be. This was a great confidence boost that has helped push me towards the final outcome of the project. This will also be a great opportunity to be creative and to expand my skills within e-commerce.

From taking part in the Volklore live brief, I begun to understand the importance of time management, as this deadline was at the beginning of Unit X I found it hard to balance Volklore work with research for the other projects running along side this brief. However after a number of different layout attempts, I felt comfortable submitting my final lookbook. I got to revisit skills I learnt at A-level such as re-touching photographs, this was a strength Sam pointed out which impressed him, especially my attention to detail. My use of branding was important to him too, not over powering the customer but keeping a theme throughout. I already have a lot of ideas for Volklore and cannot wait to start. I am extremely proud that I have managed to juggle three briefs along side one another and complete each to my fullest potential. It has been a fruitful experience that will effect my future practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment