Thursday 8 November 2012

Concept

After a series of tutorials looking through one anothers drawings we have all been asked to come up with a concept for this project. At first I found it quite difficult as I felt that non of my drawings linked with one another at all, also finding the difference between a 'theme' and a 'concept' was challenging for me, knowing that the subject had to be broad but also not too broad but not pin pointed. It needed to be an idea. So I drew out a mind map of what I like to draw and what my drawings represent. I also drew inspiration from my surroundings in our studio space, as there were still some inspirational images left up on the walls from a previous task. On my mind map I listed things such as:


  • Texture
  • Architecture
  • Geometric
  • Graphic
  • Repeat
  • Layer
  • Stacking
  • Multiples
The one word that stood out to me was multiples! As soon as I written it down it all clicked in my head, I started thinking about layering my images and building them up, and things just started to click. Also my tutor liked the sound of the concept which made it a lot easier for me! So from this concept I am going to go around manchester and take photographs of things i see which I relate to as a multiple whether it be multiples angles, multiple layers or a repeat of a shape. I will also use everyday items as inspiration as this concept is quite broad and I am yet to know what I want to pin point at this stage.



No comments:

Post a Comment