Tuesday 5 February 2013

Print Room

Today we have been in the print room developing colour. I mainly focused on Pigment dyes today, which is a very simple way of mixing, using the pigment bonder, mixing with a pigment colour. It is very important to use the tiniest amount of colour as it is very vibrant and one drop goes a very long way. I really enjoyed mixing the colours but found it to be a challenge to find the right colour that I wanted. I took my source image into the print room with me to compare the dyes to the actual image which was a huge help. My plans are to buy some coloured fabric to print onto and to also dip dye some cotton to replicate a design that I have done digitally but to compare what it would be like done by hand. Tomorrow I plan to spend all day developing prints using the screen printing method.

Here are a few of the colours that I mixed today, I am still unsure on these colours but it is too late to turn back now.


No comments:

Post a Comment