Sunday 24 February 2013

More Screen Printing

This past week I have spent all of my time in the print room, I really like the print room as it is always full of people creating work and it is quite inspirational.. and theres always people to ask advice from! However I am a very impatient person as Screen Printing just is not for me. Maybe in smaller doses, however I have found the past week quite stressful and have only been able to produce a hand full of designs. In the future I will plan my time better after having this experience. Here are a few of the prints that I did manage to finish.






I really started to enjoy printing after creating the last three prints you can see. I used a blank screen, which I masked off to create a a4 shape, i then added Pigment dyes and used the squeegee to create a multi coloured background. After waiting for this to dry I then used my screen with my motifs and layered my designs up on top of the background. I feel these are my favorites from the designs, which I have created, but I still feel that they can be better. Personally I favour my digital designs, as I am just a more digital girl. I think that with maybe another week or so in the print room that I could vastly improve my designs further. 


No comments:

Post a Comment