Sunday 24 February 2013

Relating Designs

After establishing what my design were going to look like I started to look into different designers, I found a few images from Holly Fulton's F2012RTW collection which I felt really related to my designs. I feel that these designs relate to my own work and prints, more specifically my digital work rather than my screen prints, as she has used a gradient effect, which I have also used.


Some of the colours in Holly Fulton's designs are also quite similar to that of my own. The bright pinks and the deep reds really stand out against the darkness of the black and create a beautiful contrast.

However, one designer which has stood out to me is Peter Pilotto, especially his Resort 2013 collection. The colours are so similar to mine and have really shown me how I can proportion my awkward colour scheme to my advantage. The composition of his prints are exquisite and I wish I had seen this collection a lot earlier in my project as I would have been able to use this inspiration in a much more productive way. Here are the images that I have found and been inspired by.


The colours in these specific designs are really similar to that of my own. I also feel that they have been used in the same proportions as my own, the purple and reds are the most dominant with a hint of green and orange, which I what I have been trying to achieve myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment