Wednesday 16 October 2013

Group Tutorial

This week I attended my first group tutorial, although there were only three of us who turned up to the tutorial it worked to our advantage as we had a little more time for Alex to advise us. I was a bit hesitant to go to the tutorial as I feel like the amount of work that I have done is not sufficient.  However we did discus the work that I had done so far and Alex thought it would be a good idea to start looking into more ornate structures within architecture. He also said it would be best if I started looking into more colours. Although I will start looking deeper into ornate architecture I must make sure there is a strong element of originality and a contemporary feel still within the work.

Personally I am still feeling very uninspired by the project and the work I have done. However whenever I am feeling uninspired I feel that the best thing for me to do is to do a bit more research! So for the past 2 hours I have been sat in the library looking for a book that Alex suggested 'The Grammar of Ornament', unfortunately I was unable to find this book but still took time to look through other books around the same subject on the shelves where it should have been.

So the main points that I have taken from this tutorial are:
  • Research further
  • Add more colour
  • Experiment more with drawing
  • DO MORE WORK
  • Make a detailed plan for the week ahead and stick to it






No comments:

Post a Comment