Monday 14 October 2013

Tutorial with Alex

This year I wanted to focus on Textiles Design for Fashion, however on my return to uni, the outlay of the course has changed slightly. This is now not offered as a pathway to follow and is instead more integrated within each other pathway that is available to study. Therefore I have been put into a Print orientated group. However I feel that this is a positive thing as it allows me to explore other areas of textiles and gives me some freedom within the course. So this year my tutor is Alex. Today I had my first one on one tutorial with him about the work that I had done over the summer, he seems really nice and he has gave me some great advice from the tutorial. He agrees that I should look into the Urban Influences brief and has suggested joining the Urban Sketchers Group to help me get out sketching in the city and seeing the other styles of the other artists that go out and draw also.



As I visited Egypt over the summer I have used this as my main focus in my sketchbook so far and I love the colours that I have captured here. The images bring out a sense of warmth and truly reflect the research too. Something I have learnt from this brief is to not dive straight into digital work. I need to develop my drawings further first and explore where these can take me. I have a bad habit of just repeating a motif and being satisfied, but this year I need to push myself as far as possible and really create something that I can be proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment