Tuesday 12 November 2013

Layer Masking

After attending a digital workshop on monday I decided to experiment with my digital skills, as I love using photoshop but feel it is good practise to constantly upgrade your skills. So I started to experiment with Layer Masking. This is due to the fact that I have been trying to add my prints to my illustrations, although I have been successful with this, the final outcome could be a lot cleaner and neater.


The guideline uploaded to moodle suggests using a white garment, however I chose a grey background as it fits in with my colour palette. I also edited the print that I copied into the mask as I followed Alex's advise and toned down the colour palette. This was achieved by adjusting the brightness and contrast panel in photoshop.

I am happy with the result of this and will definitely use this technique in future and to give my work a much more professional finish. Also the 'sheer' effect that Alex suggested has been achieved here too, I will follow this through with the rest of my designs throughout this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment