Thursday 14 November 2013

Tim Fowler

Throughout my project I have been continuously searching for artists and designers who relate to my work. I have found a Fine Artist, Tim Fowler, who's main focus is urban environments. Although his work is not textiles, I still appreciate the art and the thought process behind the work as it is very similar to that of my own throughout this project. Also in some of his drawing I can see my own colour palette coming through which is interesting.

'My paintings are partially recognizable images, which I like to distort with strong colour and abstract elements. I try to capture something deeper and more personal, as apposed to literal representation.' Tim Fowler

This is an interesting quote from Fowler, he works in a similar style to myself. My own work can literalise the object but also has a sense of expression within it.





No comments:

Post a Comment