Thursday 7 November 2013

Seer Sucker Workshop

Seersucker is basically a technique which shrinks an area of fabric. I did not know what it was until I turned up to the workshop today, but as soon as I observed samples of the technique I really connected with the style. I feel that the technique will work hand in hand with the styling of my fabrics, as I want to use a lot of sheer fabrics and layers.

This has been one of my first workshops in the print room which I do regret this year as I am very anxious to get into the print room and start experimenting. Although I had originally planned to only use digital printing within this project I realise that not experimenting with hand printing methods would be stupid and I there could be a major oversight within the project.

My current plans to carry on with the project are to develop 2 A2 screens in the print room and spend the majority of next week in the print room, mainly experimenting with reactive dyes and the seer sucker method. Also I plan on developing my illustrations, the feedback that I got from past tutorials was that I need to concentrate more on the styling of my illustrations and the smaller details within them such as adding more definition to the hair. I agree with this as looking back at my illustrations they are rather flat and dull so this weekend I intend on developing these.

No comments:

Post a Comment