Monday 11 November 2013

Tutorial 11/11/2013

Today I had my penultimate tutorial with Alex before my deadline today, I was quite worried as I have been concentrating a lot more on placements, cv's and getting things ready for the print room so did not have much physical work to show this week. However everything seems to be coming together and I agreed with everything that Alex had to say today. Here are a few points he made for me.


  • Experiment with placement prints.
  • Aim to have around 10/12 colours in my colour palette.
  • Add some accent colours.
  • Print using bubble wrap, mesh and other textures.
  • Do not repeat motifs in final designs.
  • Experiment with colour blocking.
  • Include fabric swatches within my final work.
  • Tone my colour palette down, keep the 'sheer' effect.
  • Use own photographs to place prints on, not others.
  • Generate more prints for next week.
This list seems extensive but I feel that the above where all things I had in mind to do over the next two weeks anyway, and Alex has just reinforced my own ideas. This tutorial has given me a clearer head about the deadline and I feel confident in the work I will have for the deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment